Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weight-loss Success?

I stopped weighing myself for several weeks, not intentionally, but out of discouragement in my failure.  My job was and remains very demanding.  Sometimes I have the energy to care about diet and other times the best I can manage is to grab something quick on the way home.

Imagine my surprise at seeing a 5 pound loss from my beginning weight this past week!  It was so exciting.  I thought back over my habits as of late.  I have continued to try and avoid excess sugar intake.  I am eating a lot more school lunches...so I am eating less because those meals are pre-portioned.  And I had been making an effort to have healthier snacks in the house. 

The little things do count.  It has been 6 months from my first goals to lose 7.5 pounds.  I'm over half-way there.  A 10 pound loss by December would be awesome, but if I can reach my goal by September I will be happy.  Happier still if I can keep it off.  I have seen my weight fluctuate in this 6 month effort and I hope I can remain steady.

No comments:

Post a Comment